The skin of Moses' face shone because he had been talking with God. -Exodus 34:29

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection


There’s way more to resurrection than just maybe heaven someday.

Resurrection asks me questions:

How will I live a resurrected life?
How will I choose to greet people?
What will I make time for in my day?
What will I allow to fill my day and my mind and my heart?

Will I respond to life out of gratefulness
or remain blocked by resentments?

Will I notice the sometimes subtle
but life giving gifts that are mine every day?
Or will I only notice what I had when it's gone?

I wake up in the morning, resurrected 
After the death of sleep I am given a new day.

With each inhale, I am resurrected
After the death of an exhale, new life enters.

A friend and I reconnect, resurrected
After the death of misunderstanding, new love is found.

I sit down in the quiet to pray, resurrected
After the death of losing my center, new peace.

All day long, every day, I am invited into resurrection.

There’s way more to it than just maybe heaven someday.

Every moment is an invitation into new life.


Into resurrection.



No comments:

Post a Comment