The skin of Moses' face shone because he had been talking with God. -Exodus 34:29

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A New Glow and a New Blog

The blog's been on the back burner for a while, but since the words Paul wrote to the Corinthians that we read on Ash Wednesday keep ringing in my ears, ("now is the acceptable time") I guess it's time to just jump in. I'd like this blog to be a place where the changes that are happening at Grace Church and in me as their priest are recorded and shared.

I am the priest of a struggling Episcopal Church. Like so many North American churches these days, we're feeling the unsustainability of the way church has been done in past decades with our large buildings, small congregation and dwindling funds. Our congregation of mostly older folks decided that rather than closing down, they wanted to be open to a new way of being church, so the bishop sent me here in July of 09 as their priest in charge for three years. We're going to try and make a go of it. I am a fairly entrepreneurial person who loves a good challenge - which is what all clergy need to be these days - and I feel particularly called to re-discovering the ancient and beautiful spiritual practices of the Christian faith and exploring what they might have to offer us here in the 21st century. So we have come together as pastor and parish, opening our minds, our hearts and our doors to whatever the Spirit blows in!

I hope you'll visit every now and then to see how we're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment